CHILDREN’S LONG TERM SUPPORT (CLTS) BILINGUAL ENGLISH AND SPANISH SUPPORT AND SERVICE COORDINATOR JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Immediate Job Opening
Avenues to Community, Inc. is a nonprofit organization serving children with disabilities and families in Dane County Wisconsin. We have an immediate opening for a bilingual English and Spanish Support and Service Coordinator position serving children and families whose primary language is Spanish.
Who We Are
The mission of Avenues to Community, Inc. is to ensure people with disabilities have the opportunity to lead self-determined lives. Our values include:
- Building relationships
- Promoting inclusion
- Using creativity to imagine what is possible
- Supporting individual choice
Job Description and Responsibilities
Wisconsin’s (CLTS) Waiver Program (including the Katie Beckett Program and the Children’s Community Options Program) makes Medicaid funding available to support children and youth, ages 0 to 22, with substantial limitations due to developmental, physical, or severe emotional disabilities who are living at home or in the community. Support and service coordination assists a participant and their family to achieve an inclusive, interdependent, and self-empowered life. The Support and Service Coordinator uses their knowledge of available programs, resources, and services to create an individualized service plan that best supports the participant and family in pursuit of their desired outcomes. This includes connecting families to supports throughout the community and promotes the participant’s self-determination and involvement in all facets of community life.
A primary responsibility of the Support and Service Coordinator is promoting the participant’s health, safety, and welfare in their home and community, which is accomplished through a broad range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Communicating and meeting with children and families on a regular basis
- Completing assessments and developing individual plans of support
- Documenting daily service coordination activities
- Connecting the child and family to various community-based resources
- Collaborating with school staff, medical providers, and service providers
- Providing transitional support for CLTS Waiver Program enrollment and disenrollment
- Compiling and maintaining required documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience in working with children, families, or individuals with disabilities
- Bilingual proficiency in speaking and writing in English and Spanish required
- Knowledge of community resources available in Dane County to meet the needs of the participants served
- The ability to build and foster positive and professional relationships with the child, family, team members, and service providers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, sick and vacation time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Avenues is a non-profit organization and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.